SIGN UP FOR WMST UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH DAY TODAY!
Women's Studies/LGBT Studies Undergraduate Research Day
We Invite You to Present Your Work!
WMST/LGBT Undergraduate Research Day -
Deadline to Sign Up to Present - April 27
The Department of Women's Studies invites undergraduate students-individually, as a group, or as a class-to join us on , and tell us about your work. Posters, Oral Presentations, Films, Art Projects, Displays, and Performances of undergraduate student scholarly work are all welcome. Presentations on internships and study abroad experiences are also welcome.
Students should submit:
- A title for your project/presentation
- A short (2-3 sentence) statement about your project
- The format in which you will present
- Any equipment needs
- All the times you can be available on
Also, please indicate:
- The class for which you completed the work (if it is a class project)
- Name of your instructor
- Name(s) of presenters
- Email address(es) of presenters
- Telephone number
Submit to: Professor Elsa Barkley Brown - firstname.lastname@example.org - by on Thursday, April 27. If you have any questions, please contact Professor Barkley Brown.
- Just sent out on Email to all:
Hello folks! bring your kits to class today! We are going to spend the first part of class doing a paper prototype in poster format of the influences Mel Chen's book Animacies had on you and others during the course.
Think arts and crafts and drawing and collage and making!! Katie
READINGS FOR EXPERIENCE SET 4: finish up all 3 books left
• Svedmark. 2016. Becoming Together and Apart. Linköping.
• Chen. 2012. Animacies. Duke.
• Marcus. 2015. Self Care for Activists. Mocana.
TODAY>>>Thursday 27 April: spill: Chen
Thursday 4 May: activisms: Marcus <KK out of town>
Thursday 11 May: <LAST DAY!> DUE LEARNING ANALYSIS & PROGRESS REVIEW
1) Attendance Portraits. Will be returned to you ....
2) PROTOTYPE -- Animacies influences on your over time of course; poster style collage and mixed media
3) Share & discussion
4) revisit: diegetic prototyping